Changes, changes, changes :)

Months ago, I gave Rosy a promise; a promise that she would never be stray again. My heart broke over and over again every time people, even those involved in helping stray animals, told me I might have to give up on her. The chances for finding a home for her were just too slim ... Find a place, a neighborhood, a village, I was told, and start taking her to that place, so that she gets used to being there. And when she is ready, and you are ready ... Of course, I knew I would never be ready for this!

A few months ago, in yet another desperate attempt to find a solution, I started scrolling down my Facebook friends list: 1171 people, friends and "friends", and not a single one able to help? Anyone? Anywhere? I stopped when I reached Ilona's name. Ilona used to live in Greece, so she knows very well how serious the problem of stray animals is in this country. Some years ago she moved to Germany where she started her own cat hotel. I also knew she had her own dogs and I thought she probably knew other dog lovers. And she did! Through Ilona, I met Odette. Rosy's story and her melancholic eyes moved Odette and, after careful consideration, she decided to adopt her :)

After some research it was decided that I would drive Rosy to her new home, so I needed to make sure she knows how to behave in a car. I started taking her for short car rides and for walks.


I thought it was just the matter of days and we would be on the road, but no! More complications occurred - Odette broke her wrist! So now we have to wait until her wrist heals and she can welcome Rosy in her life.   

Rosy has been a stray for many months, so it is only natural that she lacks basic savoir vivre :) The most important issue is that she jumps on you (and she is not really that tiny) when she is happy to see you. I didn't want to put Odette's freshly healed wrist in danger, so Rosy is traveling to Vasilis, a dog trainer for a few weeks.

Bathed and brushed, she is ready for a new start and willing to learn!


With Mocha, chilling before the trip.
On the road.

Isn't she beautiful?

Odette will call her Liberté. Let' make it Rosy-Liberté for now ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment